Challenge your Party with Skilled Equals
Sometimes players can really take their time, can’t they? Carefully researching every problem, chasing down every lead, and moving as cautiously as possible while keeping an eye for traps. But what if you want to light a fire under them? Other groups might be so reckless that they steal from the wrong lady, cuckold the wrong lord, or otherwise get on the bad side of the seedier side of society. Why send generic baddies when you can throw your own crack team of competent foes? Introducing this group of ne’er-do-wells to frustrate, motivate, and/or obliterate your player characters!
Hound your players with this band of rascals:
- Setting Agnostic: Fits into any campaign setting
- Fleshed Out Characters: Unique motivations and relationships for each party member, including means of persuading them to betray their comrades.
- 14 pages of immersive content
- 5 New Magic Items, including a curse!
- 6 Statblocks
- 3 Readymade Encounters for introducing them to your world and attacking the party
- Combat Instructions: Both compact and expanded, designed for Ease of Use
- High-Res Portrait Busts for each member, including tokens for online play
Throw a Party at your PCs
These, ahem, fine folks can be deployed as a tough encounter or as an ongoing threat. We’re partial to the latter, but regardless, they are a terrific way to add the weight of consequence to PC decisions. Did they piss off someone moneyed or connected? This party might have caught wind of a massive bounty on their heads. Perhaps the PCs aligned with one side of an ongoing struggle, and this party is working with the other. Maybe the PCs find themselves chasing a powerful artifact that this party also has designs for. The biographical bits provided are meant as fodder for social gameplay. The statblocks contain all you need to run this party. Remember that these characters have full death-save benefits. They don’t simply flop over dead when brought to zero hit points. Communicate that clearly to your players, as they’ll likely want to make sure downed enemies stay down. This rival party themselves will hit downed PCs whenever they can, or at least work to stop them from being brought back up. They know how this works, too.